Water Features & Pond Maintenance
Commercial & Residential
MAINTENANCE SERVICES AVAILABLE:
- Every other Month
- Occasional visits
SERVICE DESCRIPTION OF WATER GARDEN & KOI POND MAINTENANCE
- Water Testing (pH,nitrite,nitrate,ammonia, General hardness & Carbonate Hardness)
- 15-25% Water Change *Dependent on water tests
- Mechanical & Biological filtration system component cleaning
- Pressure Wash Waterfalls, Streams & Pond Perimeter
- Plant Pruning (Removing Dead or decaying leaves from plants)
- Add declorinator/Heavy metal remover to eliminate Chlorine & Chloramines
- Reseed water feature with initial dose of beneficial bacteria
- Add algaecide (2x per year)
- Inspect/diagnosis fish/plants for disease
- Blow area around pond perimeter (leaf blower)
- Auger out plumbing lines if clogged or water restricted
- If UV is present, clean off kortz sleeve
- Clean pond light lenses to get optimum illumination
- Check auto fill valves to make sure it is functioning correctly
- Fertilize aquatic plants (once a year)
- Quick inspection for apparent leaks
Upon completion of maintenance service, customer will receive a report stating specifics about their water feature (water tests, observation/recommendation, pond events) in order to send report to customer on pond events
SPRING CLEANING OF WATER GARENS & KOI PONDS
Spring cleaning of pond (included in maintenance service program packages).
- Spring clean outs include all the aforementioned in maintenance service as well as:
- Pump down entire water feature and salvage 25-40% of aged water. The aged water will be reintroduced back into feature upon completion in order to help jump start the biological process. When we clean out, we put an emphasis on the sludge that has built up at the bottom of feature thru the course of time. Too much sludge accumulation over the course of time can become detrimental to your ponds biological balance, due to gases building up and eventually being released.
- Refill pond with reserve and fresh water from customers water source
- Acclimate aquatic life to new water parameters
Please note that it is RECOMMENDED to CLEAN OUT your pond once a year to maintain a healthy eco-system where fish and plants will thrive!!
OTHER TYPES OF WATER FEATURES SERVICED
Water features come in many different designs & styles which hinders us from being able to provide detailed information relative to the subject. Maintenance services for these type of features will require a consultant/technician to come out and provide you with a customized quote.
Our main goal is to provide our clients with a water feature that they can enjoy & understand! Our knowledgeable staff’s mission, is to do just that!